9 December 2009

I'm baaaaaaaaaack!

Wow it's been a minute hasn't it? I don't even have a good excuse for this prolonged absence. I've just been blogging more over on Life... And Living It. Do you ever feel you have so much to write about but then end up writing nothing at all? That's been my dilemma. I've also found myself self-censoring on this blog, which is in direct opposition of the reason I started this blog to begin with so I'm going to do my level best to combat this.

So on the life front: I'm still looking for a job. It's just getting annoying now especially now that funds are almost non-existent. I'm slowly making friends and I've met a bunch of really cool people from the Ghana blogosphere. I've been dating here and there, which has been wonderful in my quest to erase The Musician from my mind. I'm still loving Ghana, which is surprising for somebody who so easily gets bored. I've also been contemplating postponing my Masters for another year but nothing's been decided yet. So that's it in a nutshell!

I'll blog about the dating escapades a little later. I've just realised that a lot of Ghanaian men are special.

So, as usual, here's some things I've been thinking about lately:

1. Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. This guy is an I.D.I.O.T. I'm not even talking about the cheating part. The cynic in me refuses to act like this is shocking. However, the man is too damn rich to get busted like that. Dude, you're a flippin billionaire how do you not have people to handle your shit for you? Especially if it's up to 10 women like they say. Shoot, if I was that rich, you'd never be able to trace anything back to me. Leaving voicemails? Are you dumb? Having them in your house? Not using protection with two of them? If you're gonna have side-chicks, at least make sure they can keep their mouths shut to the press. He deserves every ounce of this crap based on stupidity alone. SMDH. (But who knew boring, staid, Tiger was a freak like that? Lol)

2. Here in Ghana, if somebody calls you and you don't pick up, 9 out of 10 times they will keep calling you until you do. I had 8 missed calls in 15 minutes from an individual who just wanted to say "hi". Again, SMDH.

3. I used to love snails when I was a little girl in Kof-Town. I've now discovered they generally make me want to throw up....

4. Is the Ghanaian currency represented as GHC or GHS? They seem to be interchangeable and I don't understand why.

5. I've felt a distinct lack of Christmas spirit in Accra apart from a few sad Christmas lights here and there. However, my aunt and I decided to "Christmas-fy" our apartment yesterday and we didn't do too badly if I may say so myself!:




I love our little black Angel. I've decided to name her "Ama". She looks like an "Ama":




Currently listening to: Cool Temper- J. Martins

4 comments:

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens said...

Wow u were M.I.A. the whole of November, girl! Nice that ur back and fight the self-censorship as much as you can. I cannot wait for the dating chronicles though, should be jokes.

Don't stay for ANOTHER year! We'll miss u! But I should c u @ my sister's wedding at least in the summer.

I'm so sick of the Tiger Woods talk! HOW is this international news, mcheeeeeeeeeeew! In fact, this calls for a blog post!

Indiskreet said...

it's great to know you're enjoying gh enough to want to stay an extra year! and what a cute christmas angel. nice to have u back!

Myne said...

Thanks for following my blog and the lovely comments.

I'm seriously all talked out on the TW's issue. But your Christmas tree I like especially the African angel. Lovely.

All the best in your job search and settling into Ghana.

Sankofa said...

@Nsoromma I didn't necessarily say I'd stay in GH for another year. Just that I was thinking of postponing my masters.

@Abena Thank you!

@Myne Whitman You're welcome and thanks a lot. I think my problem is that I still feel like I'm on holiday!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin