21 July 2009

Hello world! (again...)

This is my nth foray back into the world of personal blogging and I actually have high hopes this time around (fingers crossed). I actually have another blog with three of my friends but I don't count that because there's always somebody else to pick up the slack when you just can't be bothered. So I won't promise to blog every day because I like to keep my promises, but I will try to at least blog every week.

I wanted to use this blog as some kind of outlet for the somewhat random thoughts that rattle around in my brain. I've always held a little back previously because I was scared that somebody I knew would take umbrage at something I wrote and decide to report me to my parents. But guess what? I am 25 years old now and I think it's about time I stopped living for other people. So honesty is my aim and in the process, I hope I do not offend any people. However, if I do, well the 'x' on the top right hand corner of this page can be clicked easily.

So I think a little introduction is in order:

I am a 25 year old recent graduate looking for something to do before applying for her master's degree. The name of my blog 'Altius Tendo' means 'I reach higher' in Latin and that is my aim. I feel as though I am the product of different cultures as I have lived in 3 different countries in my life- Ghana, England, and America. Despite this, I consider myself 100% Ghanaian and would not change this fact for the world. I love books and anything literature related and I have an extemely complicated/ uncomplicated love life. There's no middle ground. It's either one or the other. According to my friends, I apparently attract drama even though I believe I do everything in my power to avoid it. I was born in Ghana (Koforidua represent!) but I have lived in London for most of my life. I also lived in America for a few years where my immediate family now live.

I think I've covered the basics and I hope to share more of myself on this journey. I hope to blog about whatever comes to mind and I believe I am in equal parts both shallow and deep so don't judge me lol! So wish me happy blogging!

Currently listening to: Pretty Wings- Maxwell

0 comments:

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin