12 October 2009

Happy birthday to me!


Another year older today and I feel good! I usually have pretty crappy birthdays due to too much self-reflection and general "verklempt-ness" but forget that this year. Some people went to bed last night and never woke up again so I'm going to cherish every moment of this day. I also refuse to feel scared about growing older because as my Dad says "If you don't grow older, you die!" I'm happy to be alive and I thank the Almighty God for reaching another milestone. This past year may have had more downs than ups but I look to the future today. So here's to many more years for me!




Currently listening to: Temperature Rising- Les Nubians

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! God Bless you with many beautiful years ahead!

Shameless said...

Happy birthday, Sankofa! God bless and i hope you enjoy your day.

Mike said...

yes indeed! I'll drink some apple cider to that!
Many more years & wisdom to you.

Abena Serwaa said...

Happy Birthday! Go out and party hard and come back and blog about it:)

Sankofa said...

Thank you so much guys! I had a very quiet but good day. People have been taking me out to dinner all week and in my world free= great! Lol

Original Mgbeke said...

Happy belated birthday Ms. Lady. I wish you many many more years of fabulousness, joy, peace and all that great stuff. Your dad is sooo right, if we don't grow older na death be that. I hope you enjoyed your day.

SouLBoutiQue said...

Happy Belated birthday!!! HAVE a wonderful and prosperous year ahead of you! and what you know about LES Nubians I love them But am love with Talib more!
Ag

Sankofa said...

@SoulBoutique Thanks so much! I love your Bradford tales. You're a brave one for going up North. Anything more than 10 miles north of London is too much for me lol!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin