21 October 2009

Welcome to Accra!

Wow I guess I can no longer complain when my friends refer to me as "lastminute.com". I bought a ticket to Accra only 5 days ago and this morning I finally landed at Kotoka International! I've been talking for a good 5 years about how I need to go back to Ghana and since it's been over 10 years since I last set foot on our lovely shores, I think it's long overdue. I left London like a ninja so apologies to all the people I couldn't say a proper goodbye to but you'll see me soon enough. I'm here for at least 3 months and I hope to extend this if I can find a job. I was too busy to be excited in the days leading up to this trip but as soon as I landed this morning, I could barely contain myself. I'm equal parts scared shitless and excited for the possibilities. I'm not 100% sure on what exactly I aim to achieve on this trip but I'm excited to find out.

I don't miss London quite yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I'm itching to go and explore my little corner of Accra on foot, but I'm not sure how wise that is. Oh screw it, I guess there's only one way to find out! Will write a proper post later about first impressions if I make it back in one piece lol.

6 comments:

Abena Serwaa said...

Akwaaba Sankofa!*Wow* mega kudos for spontaneity. I hope you are enjoying how much Ghana has changed and of course remained the same in somethings since you were last here. Welcome :)

Indiskreet said...

Enjoy your stay!

Anonymous said...

You know Abena #1 (sorry), I visited Ghana this year after years and years and yeeeeeeaaaaarrrsss away (catch my drift) and my exact words were lot has changed but at the same time, nothing has changed!

Emmanuel.K.Bensah II said...

welcome to Ghana. Would be great for you to hook up with ghanablogging.com community. We have a meeting next week. groups.yahoo.com/group/ghanablogging!

my number:0268.891.841

Nsoromma...Child of the Heavens said...

I equal parts excited for u, equal parts jealous as hell. Have fun! And don't forget to write it up!

Sankofa said...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

@Emmanuel I'd actually love to attend one of the monthly meetings but I have no idea where you guys meet! Will send a text.

@Nsoromma I'll text you my number today and we can arrange a skype call when you finish work

@Abena(1) Things sure have changed since I was last here. I'm almost speechless. I'm still loving it though!

 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin